Sunday, August 9, 2020

Brewery Ommegang Dry Cider Review

 Brewery Ommegang is one of my favorites for craft beer, located in upstate New York near the Baseball Hall of Fame. I highly recommend a weekend trip to take in both sites. It's not surprising that Ommegang jumped on the cider bandwagon with "Project Cider." They currently make 2 ciders, a Dry Cider and a Rose Cider. They use local McIntosh, Gala, Red Delicious and Pazazz apples.The pressed juices are then fermented with the same Belgian yeast used in their beers. While all that sounds great,  I was somewhat disappointed with the Dry Cider. It was definitely crisp but lacked a lot of apple flavoring, maybe too much of a good thing? I did notice their website said it goes well with soft, creamy cheese. I'm willing to try again and will get back to you with my pairing thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment