Friday, November 20, 2020

Making Cider

I spent 2020 researching and tasting different ciders. My final project was to make my own cider. I decided to go with a company called Brewsy. This company allows you to take any juice and make it into wine/cider. Their basic kit comes with everything you need to make 3 batches and ranges in price from $39.99-59.99, depending on the current sale. I purchased Mott's Apple Juice 2 Quart Bottle, then I added extra sugar and a yeast package to the original container. Basic recipes and instructions are on their website. They also have some videos to help explain the airlock and rubber stopper. The mixture will need to ferment in a warm dark place, I put my bottle in a kitchen cabinet. After 3 days the cider is ready to move to the fridge. I placed the original cap back on but did not tighten as air bubbles need to release for the next 2 days. Finally you should rack the cider, slowly pour it into a new container, leaving the sediment in the old container. My Cider is waiting in my fridge for a special occasion. I hope it's good.


No comments:

Post a Comment