Saturday, June 6, 2020

Nine Pin Cider Review

Memorial Day weekend was the perfect time for me to try the Nine Pin Cider I had purchased a couple months ago at the farmers market in the Occulus.





First I tried the Cucumber Lime Light Cider. I could definitely taste the cider, cucumber and lime. In one word I would describe it as refreshing. It was light, crisp, with a kick and nice aftertaste. This is by far one of my favorites. Historically this type of light cider was known as ciderkin, and made by taking the leftovers from the apple press and soaking it in water. (4.3% ABV)







Next I tried the Earl Grey Hard Cider. It did smell like earl grey tea, and tasted like earl grey with mango/oranges. It reminded me most of drinking blue moon with an orange peel in it. This cider is actually aged on lemon peels, giving it the citrus flavor. (6.7% ABV)

No comments:

Post a Comment